Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I got bit!




Tennessee Walker - $999 (TX)
Schooner is a 4 year old Tennessee Walker gelding. He is naturally gaited; he often gaits in the pasture. He will do the running walk that Tennesse Walkers are known for, and he also likes to pace. He loads and rides very well in a horse trailer, has good ground manners, is up to date on shots and coggins, stands for the farrier and currently has all 4 shoes.
I bought Schooner as a green broke 2 year old a couple of years ago. He was hugely under weight. I spent the first 6 months fattening him up. Then I rode him for 6 months. He was doing great. He would walk slowly behind my Quarter horse without protest or he would happily move out in front. We rode on rocky terrain, in woods, across creeks, and on the road. Incidentally, he loves blacktop and will gait right along.
Then, while crossing a grassy field, he got stung in a rather personal spot. He was terrified and I got hurt. We both lost our confidence. He is a bit spooky now. Unfortunately, I am nervous which makes him more nervous. He has great potential. But I have accepted that I can no longer train him. He needs an experienced rider. I am asking $999 or will take the best offer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Poor boy!   He looks well fed though.....

No comments:

Post a Comment