Thursday, October 15, 2009

Have Fun With Your Trailer!


I thought I would share with you my unique horse trailer. It’s a 1976 2 horse Circle J.  I keep saying I am going to sell it, but the more I work on it the more I like it.  I bought it several years ago for $700. The floor, tires and brakes were all in good shape. It was in desperate need of a paint job, rewiring and the manger doors had rust damage. I had the manger and tack room doors replaced and it just had its 2nd paint job in 4 years.  After the first time I painted it, I could tell it was missing something. That’s when I added the spinners! They are made of ABS plastic, but look like chrome. When I drive down the road, I can look in my side mirror and I can see them spinning. It’s fun to drive through the town and see people’s reactions as they are waiting at crosswalks.  I’ve recently had all the wiring redone (someone had wired it with speaker wire and indoor extension cords) and I had an updated plug put on for my new truck.  I figure at some point I will sell it so I can upgrade to a 2 horse slant with full tack/dressing room.  In the meantime, my horse will continue to ride in style!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a nice clean trailer!  I would not hesitate to put my horse in it - it looks super clean, safe, and snazzy to boot!! 

Thank you for sharing Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Wow... that is a sharp little trailer. I haven't seen an older model trailer like that in such good shape for a long time. I would be hesitant to sell it if it was mine as well. I would love to see pics of the inside! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete