Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sad little filly





2 year old bay filly - $50 (KS)
There is a bay filly in my barn that needs to go to a home that will love her. My son inadvertently bid on her at the auction. She is thin and I think has a dropped hip. Horse folks say that can be rehab'd in six weeks. She has her coggins paperwork, have no idea about shots or worming. We wormed her on 12-7-09. Doesn't seem like she has been handled much, but she loaded into the trailer, wasn't sure about coming back out. She seems fairly calm for a horse that has just been run through the auction lot. Currently she is around 14 hands, long legs and may get a bit taller, has a long white blaze on her face. She should turn into a pretty mare. I am asking $50 to cover what the auctioneer stuck us with and the gas money to haul her home. I don't want to have to haul her to the auction on Saturday, but I really have no use for her. She is getting plenty of good hay and grain plus a little weight builder. You can have the weight builder with the filly, we won't have a use for it when she's gone. I took photo's this morning 12-8-09, but remember it is dark when I go to work, and dark when I come home. Pictures are about as good as they get. First photo shows her right hip, slightly lower. Second image she is standing downhill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good grief!!!  If anyone is interested, she is posted on the Lawrence, Kansas craigslist.

No comments:

Post a Comment